As we are approaching May and almost 2 months of social distancing, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the next steps Irondequoit Pediatrics is taking in order to keep you safe and provide more care in your office.
We will continue to see as many visits as possible through telemedicine. Sick patients who need to be seen in person will be pre-screened over video visit or telephone. Arrangements will then be made for an examination either in the safety of your car, or at a designated time in the office. During this transition phase of patient care, in order to completely separate well patients from potentially ill patients, we have designated the hours between 3 and 5 PM as time to examine sick kids in office.
It is important not to postpone well care indefinitely, so we have arranged a safe system in which to see patients in the office for well care. This will start May 18th. Here are some of the highlights:
- Elimination of the waiting room
- Patients will be checked in at the door and brought directly to patient rooms
- Appointments spaced by an hour
- Pre-visit screening questions (including developmental screens) done ahead of time (these are all typically allowed by your insurance plan).
- For teens: parents will be able to come back to the exam room now at the START of the appointment. The doctor will address any of your concerns, and review vaccinations and growth charts. You will then be asked to return to your car for the teen’s time with the doctor.
- Elimination of check out window. All patients will be checked out while still in exam rooms.
- Exam rooms will be cleaned thoroughly after every visit, and will not be used again for 2 hours.
- Siblings may share appointment times. We kindly request to keep to 2 siblings at maximum.
- Patient Ambassador to greet you when you arrive, who will assist with any of your needs. Parents will be screened for illness.
- We will continue to use designated rooms for sick and well visits, each on separate wings of the building.
In order to facilitate this safe process, appointment availability for well visits will be restricted to certain hours, between 9 AM and 3 PM. This is important for the safety of all of our patients, and apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your understanding.
Additionally, we are giving priority to well visits in which vaccines are required in order to avoid any delay of vaccinations. We also understand that some patients need exams prior to playing sports and we will do our best to fit everybody in. We will keep a waiting list and adjust our schedules accordingly.
Things you can do to help:
- If you or your child is ill at the time of the well visit, or there is any illness in your home, please call to reschedule your well visit appointment.
- Make sure you are active on the patient portal, and complete all pre-visit questionnaires at least one day prior to the appointment so that the doctor may review.
- If you have a child age 13 or over, please make sure the child has their own portal log in, and completes questionnaires at least one day prior to the appointment so the doctors may review. You have received notice that the previous parent log in has been deactivated, unless we were notified otherwise.
- Please be on time to your appointment (it is no longer necessary to arrive early, in order to keep patients in the office at one time to a minimum) and complete questionnaires at least one day prior to the appointment so that the doctor may review
- Our staff is trained to help you with any portal questions or difficulties. Please reach out to us if you need help.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your scheduled time, you will be asked to reschedule
- Patients over age 2 and parents are asked to wear a mask in accordance with County requirements, please wear a mask.
As we adjust our office schedule to accommodate these safe times, you may notice that your appointment time may have changed slightly. You will be notified of the appointment time change in your reminder call. The most any appointment time has been changed is 20 minutes. Thank you for your understanding. Appointments may also be viewed in the patient portal.
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Megehdy Kjodak will be joining our practice starting August 3rd. Some of you have met her while she was visiting during the winter. She is eager to help see patients for well visits.
We are all in this together, and we look forward to continuing to provide Exceptional and Safe Care, Every Step of the Way for your families. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns as we navigate this very new territory together.